Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour


Submitted on
February 1, 2013


11 (who?)

Canadian becoming a U.S Citizen?

Journal Entry: Fri Feb 1, 2013, 2:10 PM
  • Mood: Neutral
GalleryCommission INFOTaxidermy AccountTumblr

Ethan and I are looking into him becoming a U.S Citizen, that way he can legally live and work in the US, however everything we look at draws us to a halt, all we've been able to dig up is if we get married and he lives down here for 5 years or whatever, then applies or something [He also needs to know the history of America and laws and all this crap augh] and we are not interested in getting married anytime soon ahankjlk way too soon right now anyway

is there anyone who was a Canadian citizen, who was born in canada, with both parents born there as well [or have canadian citizenship and NO american whatsoever], become an American citizen? If so, how did you go about that?

Or do you know anyone who has or anyone who could help?

Please let us know! Thanks! ;v;


:bulletred: - Closed
:bulletgreen: - Open
:bulletblue: - Maybe/Depends

Requests: - :bulletred:
Art Trades: - :bulletred:
Commissions: - :bulletred:
Collabs: - :bulletred:

Canadian becoming a U.S Citizen?by yiptrip

Journals / Personal©2013-2014 yiptrip
Add a Comment:
IJustGotABoner Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Here's a good link about all that. :)
Your child may qualify for naturalization if you are a U.S. citizen, the child was born outside the U.S., the child is currently residing outside the U.S., and all other eligibility requirements are met. Visit our Citizenship Through Parents page for more information.
kyoukokirigi Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
is ethan native? i think my dad told me once that since we were both native we could just move to the us or some shit like that idk
cluelessAvian Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
actually you dont have o get married? if you get married it gives you 2 years less to wait. you pretty much gotta wait 5 years if not married, study for a huge test and work on some papers, take the test, and if you pass you get a green card that you must always carry around with. thats what i remember from civics class xD i hope this helps uvu
Hidden by Owner
Hidden by Owner
Hidden by Owner
Hidden by Owner
Hidden by Owner
Hidden by Owner
Hidden by Owner
Add a Comment: